[antlr-interest] antlrworks - has it an internal antlr inside?

Uwe Gebhardt gebhardt-u at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 14:09:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to add a new target language to antlr and follow the steps
outlined in the wiki.
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/How+to+build+an+ANTLR+code+generation+target

The wiki suggests to modify the new language template in place.

I have installed antlr, have created the folder sructure and a *.st g file.

If I call antlr from the command line for a simple grammar, I see, that
the new language gets
recognized,  and that modifications on the target language template have
an effect.

I also use antlrworks, which makes the stringtemplate easier to understand.

But when I try to use the "Generate Code" option in antlrworks for the
test grammar, I get error
messages, saying, that the new language file is not found.

My question is: Has antlrworks an antlr inside, i.e. the antlr I am
calling from the command
line is different antlr, than the   one antlrworks is using internally?

With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt