[antlr-interest] Antlr3 in Eclipse and Maven?

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Fri Jun 22 04:00:55 PDT 2012

In however many years it is that I have been a minion of Ter I think I have become annoyed with only 3 people. One was a misunderstanding easily cleared up, one was mentally unstable, and one is not worth polluting the ANTLR mailing list with unless it is a little entertainment for ANTLR users who otherwise have quite serious jobs.

Writing good parsers is not a trivial task. It is not surprising that you need a little help and generally you will get it. But could I please request that you re-read your own posts and try to be the person reading them and not sending them. Trivially saying things like "this is too unstable" but then still asking for help anyway is not your best  strategy.

So let me be somewhat magnanimous here and tell you that I do realize the docs are a little out of date and I will update them this weekend all being well.

Additionally, there has been some nice work done on Eclipse integration but like all of us, the authors have day jobs and cannot always keep pace. Contributors need a little respect (not too much) and patience to keep going, not spite.

So, please record what you did to fix your lexer issue so that others may benefit.

Jim