[antlr-interest] Having a tree walker that does no rewrite, just a tree pass

Stanislas Rusinsky rusinskystanislas at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 19 04:33:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

I currently have a parser generating a tree, and a tree walker with stringtemplate.

I'd like to implement a symbol table, and for different reasons not mentioned here I'd like to have a separate tree walker in-between the two.

This tree walker shouldn't do any rewrite of the AST, so I took the current walker and stripped it of from its actions and rewrites, but I can't get it to just parse the tree, and do no rewrite: I get an empty tree on output.

How should I proceed to have just a tree walker that "does nothing" but walk?

(Using antlr 3.4)

TIA

Stan