[antlr-interest] gunit in Kubuntu

Stefan Mätje Stefan.Maetje at esd-electronics.com
Tue Sep 11 01:19:11 PDT 2012

Am 11.09.2012 09:35, schrieb Guus Bonnema:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to start using gunit to test my grammar, but none of the
> jar-files for antlr3 appear to contain gunit. However, when I download
> the source (apt-get source antlr3) I do find sources for gunit.
>
> I downloaded all units containing antlr in their name, but none of the
> libraries appear to have gunit.
>
> Anyone in this list using kubuntu and know how to get and use gunit?

Hi Guus,
well I'm not using Kubuntu but Ubuntu and therefore it should be nearly
the same. I downloaded an ANTLR jar file that contains the gUnit test
framework. How to call shows this wiki page:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/gUnit+-+Grammar+Unit+Testing

But perhaps a snippet of my Makefile would make this more clear (also
attached to this email):

# Where to find the ANTLR tool stuff.
ANTLRBASE:=../../antlr
# Which version to use.
ANTLR:=antlr-3.4-complete.jar

# Tell javac where to put the compiled classes.
CLASSES:=classes
# Tell the java VM where to find any needed classes.
CLASSPATH="$(ANTLRBASE)/$(ANTLR):$(CLASSES)"

# gUnit run depends on list of parser classes $(LP_CLASS)
gunit.out: Pearl90.gunit $(LP_CLASS)
	java -cp $(CLASSPATH) org.antlr.gunit.Interp $(<) | tee $(@)

I hope that helps,
	Stefan