[antlr-interest] ANTLR v4 status / website functionality moving forward

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Sep 15 15:14:42 PDT 2012

On Sep 15, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Juancarlo Añez wrote:
> Looking forward, I think that each grammar should have its own github
> repository, with an antlr-grammars user that forks stable versions of
> them. It can all be automated.
>
> Grammars with no current "owner" can go as main repositories under
> antlr-grammars.

hi. Thanks for the suggestion. It's a good one, though it seems to me that the grammar should be a part of the antlr project. I guess it would be okay to have a separate "project" or whatever to hold the grammars.

Currently, for v3, I have that collection of example grammars that is nice and neat in a single directory/repo:

https://github.com/antlr/examples-v3

Hmm… not sure what the best answer is here.  It seems heavyweight to create a new repository for a single grammar file. On the other hand, it's easier to say "create repo" on github than it is to fork/add grammar/ send pull request.

I guess in the end I just don't get that many grammar submissions so people could even just email it to me and I could manage it however works most easily for me.

Ter