[antlr-interest] Additional patches to C runtime WAS: Re: ANTLR 3.5 (was 3.4.1)

Stephen Gaito stephen at perceptisys.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 13:33:22 PDT 2012

Mike,

So, if you are suggesting that you have already fixed these other
problems, I can see that both I and the wider community would love to
have these patches. (In particular I am about to start moving nodes
between trees...)

I have gotten Terence to add the new-and-improved Contribution (aka
"GitHub pull") process to both the FAQ and the V3 README... so I will
now place one or more "pull" requests for my changes.

See:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=33947666

and in particular:

https://github.com/antlr/antlr3/blob/master/contributors.txt

However I am not sure I could shepherd your changes through this
process... item (3) of the contributor's agreement means that I would
have to take full responsibility for any IPR issues created by your
patches.... which, sight-un-seen, could be nasty....

SO

It would be much better if you forked antlr/antlr3 on GitHub, added your
changes, and then issued a pull request.  GitHub is really very easy to
use (if you already know git).

If this is a great problem, let me know.

Regards,

Stephen Gaito