[antlr-interest] Re: the new site

Patrik Suzzi imolanet at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 4 12:47:09 PDT 2003

hello !

the new site is so good.

but why don't you use syilesheets to gain uniformity on the site ?

for example documentation pages are written with a different style
with all other pages of the site.

if you include a line in every documentation page, between <head>
and </head> tags, you can change the look of all these pages only by
editing the stylesheet

the line is:

<LINK type='text/css' rel='stylesheet' href='../style/style.css'/>

where href indicates the path of the stylesheet

so you can change thousand of documentation pages, just by editing
the stylesheet.

an example of stylesheet is:
H1
{
  color: green;
  font-family: verdana;
{
  font-size: 12 px;
  font-family: arial;
}

Last i've observed if you edit your css's files with Visual
Studio .NET, it helps with intellisense: giving for each Tag all
possible attributes, and for all attributes it give a list of all
possible finite-values.

(I do not love MS but this is a rapid developement tool)

Please excuse me for my poor english..
with best regards:
                             Patrik Suzzi (Imola - Bologna - Italy)

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at c...>
wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Glad you like it.  I paid an
> excellent designer out of my pocket to do the look-n-feel.
>
> I like the main page / secondary page split.  A little weird that
the
> left navigation bar is only on the secondary pages, but I wanted
the
> main page to be a "summary" page of each of the various categories.
>
> The concept for the site is that there are 2 types of folks: (1)
new
> users asking what, why, how much, who uses it and (2) current
users
> asking about doc, grammars, tools, news etc...  I split this up
and
> hopefully it is the right approach.
>
> Feel free to add more stuff folks as the data and site is real,
just at
> a different port (8080) as you can see.
>
> I'll be playing with this all weekend and hopefully launch on
Monday.

> As for people posting bad stuff etc... well, I'll worry about that
if
> it becomes an issue. :)
>
> I'll be happy to receive more feedback or suggestions :)
>
> Oh, I'll be doing an email snooper gateway thing so that the
> antlr-interest list (this list) will be mirrored on the site. :)
I'll
> have it integrated into the search engine too.  (I'll be using
Lucene