[antlr-interest] Runtime-only JAR?

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 20 11:47:35 PST 2003

Hi,

The mkjar scripts are gone. According to install.html:

"I have removed all of the build shell scripts and mkjar type scripts I
had since there is only one all encompassing antlr.jar now and a
self-build tool."

For NetBeans, we can create our own mkjar-like scripts. However, some
people for NetBeans expressed concern that if all the classes are mixed
together in the same JAR file then it will be too easy to create
inappropriate dependencies (i.e. some runtime class depending on one of
the development-time classes), and also we didn't really want to
maintain our own build scripts just for ANTLR/NetBeans integration.

I am willing to contribute the necessary changes to implement this back
to ANTLR.org.

Regards,
Brian