[antlr-interest] http://www.antlr.org/blog/antlr3/whitepaper.tml

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 20 15:11:26 PST 2003

on 11/21/03 12:12 AM, Terence Parr at parrt at cs.usfca.edu wrote:

>> Hi Terr,
>>
>> I wonder, here just thrown points, no links, yes?
>>
>> 1) will ANTLR 3.0 support Unicode?
>> If yes, then it should be added here
>
> It will have better support. :)  What is the part you like least about
> what ANTLR does currently in terms of UNICODE?

I use C++, and Rick have told that current C++ runtime do not support
Unicode well.

I get from user UTF16 string, and need parse it.

Inside of our Valentina database engine we also use IBM ICU Unicode library

>> 2) what is planned for license changes ?
>
> BSD license.

I am sorry, can you explain what this means?

We can't use it commercial projects?
Or only in open source projects?

It is better to here your explanation by normal words :-)

--
Best regards,
Ruslan Zasukhin               [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]

Valentina is cross-platform, fantastic fast database engine, supports
C/C++,Java,JDBC,SQL,Director,REALbasic,PHP,XCMD,COM,Visual BASIC......