[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR and .NET

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Apr 2 12:07:22 PST 2004

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the help. What i actually wanted to do was just have the
opportunity to put a break point in my ANTLR generated parser and
follow it as it goes and thats why i am using the .net IDE. I have
been able to do that but i am sure there is an easier way of doing it.
I created a folder in the project and copied all the antlr 2.7.2 files
even those that are not needed and then built it and it worked. Of
course i cant filter only the classes that are needed. So what i want
to do is to add a reference or something to where ANTLR resides so
that .net will know where to find the files.

> Cheers.

Hmm, HTML post....not cool.

Since you are using J#, find what the steps are for adding a reference
to the ANTLR C#/.NET runtime assembly in your project. You will need
to build the runtime assembly first though:
    http://www.antlr.org/doc/csharp-runtime.html#t1

Your projects won't normally contain the source files for the ANTLR
runtime library directly. The library's binary(ies) just need to be
available/linked to your project. If using Java this usually means it
should be in the CLASSPATH. For .NET, you need to have your project
(or the command-line compiler) reference the binary.

Cheers,

Micheal
ANTLR/C#