[antlr-interest] Re: How to use antlr

Brad Schick schick at robotbattle.com
Mon May 3 19:15:44 PDT 2004

>"No se puede abrir el archivo de
> código fuente 'D:\Edmont\Sources\Transducers\ANTLR\antlr-2.7.3
\antlr-
> 2.7.3\examples\csharp\java\JavaLexer.cs' ('The system cannot find
the
> file specified. ')" and other files. Where I can get those files

It looks like you didn't run antlr. Antlr is a command-line Java
tool that is external to MS VS.Net. You need to have a Java VM (like
Sun's or Microsoft's old one) installed to run antlr. From the
command line, you would run antlr like this:

  java antlr.Tool java.g

This will create the .cs files the MS VS.Net project is looking for.
A better long term solution is to add the .g file to your project
and setup custom builds (or create an external makefile and run it
as a pre-build step).