[antlr-interest] Thoughts on tree construction

Robert Colquhoun rjc at trump.net.au
Wed May 12 01:10:23 PDT 2004

Hello,

At 05:30 AM 8/05/2004, Terence Parr wrote:
>weird.  Yes, the return types cannot be overloaded to getNextSibling()
>is incompatible.  I assume for the next time that the interface will be
>the same.
>
>Note: my api came first chronologically ;)

I think you can do this in java 1.5:
C:\>javap java.lang.StringBuffer
Compiled from "StringBuffer.java"
public final class java.lang.StringBuffer extends
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder implements
java.io.Serializable,java.lang.CharSequence{
     public synchronized java.lang.StringBuffer append(char);
     public java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder append(char);
     public java.lang.Appendable append(char)       throws java.io.IOException;

There is apparently a set of rules somewhere about how the above works, i
think searching for "covariant return types" or something.

  - Robert