[antlr-interest] Re: Return value warning?

kozchris csnyder at alumni.ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:22:59 PDT 2004

You are fine. I don't think you can suppress this message (at least I
haven't found a way).

The warning is useful for checking why you haven't used the value
returned when calling a subrule. In those cases I suppress the
warnings by assigning the return value of the rule to a dummy variable.

Using your example

mainRule {String temp;}:
 temp=positiveNumeric
;