[antlr-interest] a request about "reply-all" to list

Sebastian Kaliszewski sk at z.pl
Wed Jun 1 08:20:09 PDT 2005

Gennerally I agree that reply-to: should point to the list. I allmost never
want to reply directly to the mail autor, 99.99% of the time I want my reply
to go to the list (and as in all cases of usenet newsgroups an personal
email I hit standard reply-to: button, my list mails accidentially go to
sender instead of to the group).

Scott Stanchfield wrote:

 > If you find top-posting annoying, the server should allow you to reformat
 > messages (like this one)that are only top posts.

It's virtually imposible. Quite often people precede reply with few short
sentences then quote and post propely. Then people use varius ways for
quotation, then many mail clients break quotations (quotations+lines get too
long and get splitted). You're proposing something designed like MS-Word --
it does something but God help you, if you want to grok the circumstasnces
when it does that something.

 > Some folks like
 > top-posting, esp if reading individual mails.

Try this:

 > Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
 >> Why is it such a bad thing?
 >>> Top-posting.

rgds
--