[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 and StringTemplate

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Mon Jul 24 12:11:15 PDT 2006

On 24. Jul 2006, at 20:59 Uhr, Micheal J wrote:

>> Is that possible?  You need heavy reflection
>
> Possible, yes. There will be restrictions on the aggregate types
> that can be
> used with such a port however.

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't really consider a pure-C port. At least
it wouldn't be my first choice ;)

> Other option if for independent ObjC and C++/RTTI ports. Seems like
> a lot of
> work...

Well, sorta. Java maps relatively well to ObjC, probably because of
history. There are various things
one needs to consider, but I'm going through most of them with the
ObjC runtime, so I figure doing a
ST port in ObjC sounds like more work than it actually is. Still a
fair amount of work, testing and such
but I want to support template output for ANTLR, so I don't really
have a choice.

-k