[antlr-interest] v3.0b5: input size problem

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Fri Nov 24 17:37:45 PST 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Paul Shaffer wrote:

> At 06:12 PM 11/24/2006, Terence Parr wrote:
>
>> On Nov 24, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Paul Shaffer wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I see this stopping is actually due to my parsing errors. As
>>> I fix the errors I am able to parse farther into the input text, I
>>> am up to line 1600 or so now. But there are no errors being
>>> reported when it stops. I wish I knew how to get errors to show
>>> up-- any suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> Yikes. that sounds like a problem on my side...can you run with
>> ANTLRWorks to figure out where it is?
>> Ter
>
> I forgot to mention I am using c# generation. AFAIK ANTLRWorks will
> only check the grammer.

ANTLWorks has an awesome interactive debugger that will work with any
target language as long as that target language sends events across
the socket as AW needs. :)  Use -debug with ANTLR and then in AW say
"Debug remote...". It will try to connect to the local machine at a
special port 0xC001 ("cool"), I think, and suck events from your parser.

Ter