[antlr-interest] How to call self-build ANTLR correctly?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Jul 3 15:08:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

> > You don't repeat the -cp argument, you include all the
> directories or
> > JAR files in a single -cp option, separating each by a semicolon.
>
> I tried it without the additional -cps, but still no
> progress. The defined CLASSPATH environment could still be
> the actual culprit.
>
> Addendum: I've incorporated Micheal's idea:
>
> D:\>java -cp "D:\Install
> Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\antlr-3.0.0.jar;D:\Install
> Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\antlr-2.7.7.jar;D:\Install
> Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\stringtemplate-3.0.jar";"D:\Install
> Files\ANTLR\antlr-source\src" org.antlr.Tool
>
> No change.

My idea is a little different I think (quote placement errors):

java -cp "D:\Install Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\antlr-3.0.0.jar";"D:\Install
Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\antlr-2.7.7.jar";"D:\Install
Files\ANTLR\antlr-3.0\lib\stringtemplate-3.0.jar";"D:\Install
Files\ANTLR\antlr-source\src" org.antlr.Tool

If that still doesn't work, try substituting "-classpath" for "-cp" above.

> > Why are you rebuilding it, anyway? Did you make some modifications?
>
> I only want to have an up-to-date C#-Target, so I
>
> A) can see, which code generation errors have been solved and
> don't have to manually corrected by me afterwards - again and again.
>
> B) don't have to wait for a daily build. Terence hasn't
> published one over three weeks.

As I posted a while back, I think a daily "daily build" is a great idea.
;-)

Only issue is that it really does need to be tied to a CI server - so it's
easy see if it's kosher by looking for test failures.

Micheal