[antlr-interest] ST# and ASP.NET

Christopher Brown chris77550 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:02:13 PST 2007

Hi all,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm just starting out with ASP.NET and
ST#.  I had a bit of difficulty finding examples of how to use ST# in
ASP.NET in the documentation and by searching around the Internet.  Here's
the approach I used, just for information (if anyone is wondering) or for
comments (if there's a better way...).  My file is "st1.aspx.cs".

- Christopher

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;

using Antlr.StringTemplate;

namespace websandbox
{
    public partial class st1 : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        {
            Response.ContentType = "text/plain";

            string templateFolder = Request.PhysicalApplicationPath +
"templates";
            StringTemplateGroup myTemplates = new
StringTemplateGroup("myTemplates", templateFolder);
            StringTemplate template = myTemplates.GetInstanceOf("st1");
            template.SetAttribute("name", "chris");

            Response.Write(template.ToString());
            Response.End();
        }

        // don't use the ASPX rendering system, as we render everything in
Page_Load()
        {
            //base.Render(writer);