[antlr-interest] Can't recoginze a file start with HIDDENlexersince 3.1b1

Kay Röpke kroepke at classdump.org
Sat Aug 30 12:30:30 PDT 2008

On Aug 30, 2008, at 3:21 AM, Ronghui Yu wrote:

> I tried L-factoring and syntax predicate, but I couldn't remove all
> errors yet. One of the parsers has almost 1000 rules, does it reach
> ANTLR limit?

No, there's not a limit like that. The only problems I've had are
codesize issues with Java, but that doesn't have anything to do with
backtracking, anyway.

> Anyway, I think I need to follow the method to deal with rules one
> by one.

Either the language is highly ambiguous or you have a mistake in your
grammar. SQL is not particularly nice as a language to parse...lots of
room for mistakes :(
Try to understand where it starts becoming ambiguous and you'll
eventually find it. Takes time and practice though.

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Röpke