[antlr-interest] debugging v3

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:35:00 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 3:05 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give me a high-level idea of the purpose of
> the AW debugger?  I am trying to get my proverbial
> feet wet in v3 (FINALLY) and working on a somewhat
> loose grammar, and having little luck figuring out
> e.g. what token has been returned from the lexer and
> thus why the hell a given parser rule isn't being
> selected.  :)  Is this beyond what the AW debugger
> wants to tell me or am I just unable to figure out the
> UI for some reason?

It is capable of doing what you want. I'm trying to figure out the
best way to walk you through it. I'm preparing to give a presentation
on ANTLR soon. The current version of my slides is available at
http://www.ociweb.com/mark/programming/ANTLR3.pdf. Slides 41 and 42
may be helpful. The PDF is 18 meg. so it will take a while to come up
in your browser.

I'm willing to walk you though using it over the phone if you'd like.
If you want to do that, send me a private email and I'll send you my
number.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.