[antlr-interest] Invalid grammar name, translate to 3.0 Grammar.

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Mon Jul 14 09:40:35 PDT 2008

I have two problems. The first is related to the ECMA Script grammar submitted to the ANTLR Grammar page. I tried to load it into ANTLRWorks and several errors were generated:

The first is with:

grammar JavaScript;

ANTLRWorks indicates that this is not a valid grammar name. Why not? Where is a list of the "valid" grammar names?

The second question is resulting from trying to load several of the grammars from the ANTLR grammar page into ANTLRWorks (KCSParse is one example CSharpParser.g) and I get an error indicating that this grammar is not recognized as an ANTLR 3.x grammar. Is there a specification somewhere that can tell me how to translate "earlier" grammars to 3.x?

Thank you.

Kevin