[antlr-interest] C# Target Poll

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Mon May 19 06:23:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

>  >It's just that I don't like the current naming from an
> aesthically  >point of view. We have
> Antlr3.Runtime/Antlr.Runtime, etc. It is  >this repetition
> that irks me.
>
> The grouping makes a certain amount of sense; one refers to
> the assembly and the other to the namespaces within that
> assembly.  Though it's not entirely consistent, since the
> Antlr3.Runtime.Tests assembly has all its files in the
> assembly-folder, not in a namespace-named folder.

Would I be chasing a foolish consistency by fixing that now?

> Speaking of which: what actually goes in the
> equivalently-named folders in the root (/runtime/CSharp/)?
> In the distribution they're all empty.  (I haven't tried
> building the runtime myself.  Maybe that would have answered
> this question.)

Nothing. They are [deleted] remnants of the Reflector-ed sources. Should
probably be purged sometime...

> And on a related topic, it puzzled me a bit when I had to
> reference "Antlr3.Runtime.dll" and then use the namespace
> "Antlr.Runtime" in the code.  There's a bit of a disconnect
> there; generally the assembly names tend to match the root
> namespace name (either in full or squashed form).

If you use ST-integration in your grammars you will need
- StringTemplate.dll  (ST#)
- antlr.runtime.dll   (an ST# dependency)
- Antlr3.Runtime.dll  (renamed to avoid conflict & brilliantly avoids
clashing with Antlr4.Runtime.dll!)

Could have renamed the namespaces too I guess but, we thought it better to
leave (most other targets use antlr not antlr3)...

Micheal