[antlr-interest] C# sources in intermediate builds

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Fri May 30 13:47:45 PDT 2008

> Hi, again.
>
> My goal today is to build all of the ANTLR 3.1 runtime libs (expect maybe
> StringTemplate) needed to target C#.
>
> I noticed a couple things about the C# sources in antlr-2008-05-25.11 when
> building on WinXP.
>
> The following files (and only the following files) for the C# runtime
> projects had "0000664" appended to them by WinZip 9.0.  Hmmm... looks a
> lot
> like un*x file permissions bits:
>
> Antlr3.Runtime.Tests (VS2005).csproj0000644
> MismatchedNotSetException.cs0000644
> DebugTreeNodeStream.cs0000644
> IDebugEventListener.cs0000644
> CommonTreeNodeStream.cs0000644

I don't know why that is the case. Personally I use perforce and never had this problem.

> Renamed the files, and everything built great with Visual Studio 2005.

Neat!

> The other thing I noticed is that there seems to be no project file
> (Visual
> Studio or Nant) to rebuild antlr.runtime.dll.  I assume there's a really
> good reason for this, and that if I understood that reason I would be that
> much further along in my ANTLR journey.  So what do I need to know?  If
> this
> has been discussed here (which seems likely) I would appreciate a pointer
> that discussion.
>
> thanks!
> cm

As far as I understand it, antlr.runtime is from ANTLR 2.7.7 and is used by StringTemplate, as it has not been converted to ANTLR 3 yet. Just ignore the file for building purposes, unless you plan to use StringTemplate.

Johannes
--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de