[antlr-interest] [stringtemplate-interest] StringTemplate editing in Visual Studio

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Oct 21 10:22:14 PDT 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Johannes Luber wrote:

> Sam Harwell schrieb:
>> Fresh port by hand using all ANTLR3 grammars. Hello C# 3.0 Extension
>> Methods. :) I also have a C# 3 port of the ANTLR runtime using
>> generics
>> & Linq in places. I'm working on lazy evaluation of lexers in the
>> parser, etc., but that isn't complete yet.
>>
>> After the StringTemplate unit tests all passed (including fixing the
>> '\n'/'\r\n' issues in the tests and implementation) I refactored some
>> System.Collections.IDictionary and IList to generics. I'll be posting
>> the StringTemplate source in the near future and keeping it updated.
>
> So I guess you are willing to take the job as the StringTemplate
> maintainer?

  that would be awesome!

> The current one is practically unreachable and has basically
> no time. I'm also interested in your port of the ANTLR runtime. I
> haven't got around to improve on the runtime because of the license
> issue, which my predecessor introduced, and I didn't want to start the
> work if there was a chance that it was a waste of time.

Actually, I believe that he used the correct license on ST#, which is
why I'm mystified he used a different one on ANTLR C# output.
Apparently, he thinks they're different software and deserve different
licenses (that's what he said in his e-mail anyway).

I think we are clean on this license.

Ter