[antlr-interest] some difficuilties with C runtime building

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed May 13 06:34:26 PDT 2009

Yurushkin Michael wrote:
> Good day.
> I have some problems with C runtime.
> 1) At first, when I try to load C.sln, VS2008 says that "associated source
> control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be
> disabled for this project". What plug-in I need to install (I haven't seen
> something about it in runtime docs) and how?

This is just telling you that you don't have perforce installed and so
you can just let VS2008 remove the bindings and you are fine.
> 2) Release version isn't complied:
> Output Window
> Compiling...
> antlr3collections.c
> .\src\antlr3collections.c(1383) : error C2220: warning treated as error -
> no 'object' file generated
> .\src\antlr3collections.c(1383) : warning C4100: 'sizeHint' : unreferenced
> formal parameter

Hmm, this is a new one. I guess I missed that after removing the
sizeHint. You can insert a program to disable that warning (but I will
do it in the real source of course).

> antlr3bitset.c
> antlr3basetreeadaptor.c
> antlr3basetree.c
> 3) Is it possible to build using VS2005 express edition?

Yes, but you will probably have to build your own .sln file for this.
You can use the vs2008 express edition though without any issues. Or the
framework SDK, etc.

Jim