[antlr-interest] how to match any char between two string?

Kevin Chen bestgembler at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 23:50:53 PDT 2009

I don't want to analyze those expressions,
'cause there's another application will analyze those expressions.
I just need to intercept those expressions, and then send to the another application.

I'm thinking a grammar:

select [ any character (an expr of an another app) ] from [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]  //required
    where [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]      //optional element
    order by [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]   //optional element
    group by [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]   //optional element
    limit [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]      //optional element
    option [key1 = value1 [,key2 = value2 ...] ]    //optional element, if any, require more then one key-value-pair

for example:

1.
  SELECT *, INTERVAL(posted,NOW()-7*86400,NOW()-86400) AS timeseg,
         AVG(price) AS avgprice, COUNT(DISTINCT storeid), @ID, @weight
    from one , TWO, three
      where MATCH( '"test doc"/3'| '@@title hello' )
      OPTION one = 1,
             two = 2

2.
  SELECT *, INTERVAL(posted,NOW()-7*86400,NOW()-86400) AS timeseg,
         AVG(price) AS avgprice, COUNT(DISTINCT storeid), @ID, @weight
    from one , TWO, three
      where MATCH( '"test doc"/3'| '@@title hello' )
      order by timeseg DESC, @weight DESC
      group by @count
      limit 100 + @count
      OPTION three = 3,
             four = 4

The point is I don't know how to intercept the [ any character (an expr of an another app) ]...

by the way: how to turn on/off ignore case??

Thanks a lot !   :-)
THE
     POWER
             OF