[antlr-interest] gunit failing on update to ANTLR 3.3

Jasper Floor jasperfloor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:32:21 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I have a small DSL for the company I work for. I have used gunit to
make some tests. I also have my own tests next to this but operating
on a higher level.

I recently made a small change to the language and decided to update
Antlr to the latest version.

Unfortunately most of my (g)unit tests broke.

The reason in one case is that the following test (the first test in
the file for whatever that is worth):

"$1=#1;" OK

Does not return OK. The output says parsing stopped at character 4.
Tracing through the generated junit code I found out that the return
value is not OK but the AST. So the test should pass with OK.
This isn't consistent however. Or rather. FAIL seems to work and some AST pass.

All tests pass with antlr 3.2. They also pass my own test suite which
tests at a higher level from gunit.
This implies a problem with gunit.

mvg,
Jasper