[antlr-interest] merged Ric's changes into main ANTLR line

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Tue Dec 4 09:56:38 PST 2001

[...]
> I read you interesting article on xml and I disagree about it as a reason
> to not use Ant One of the things I like about XML is using XML-Spy which
> makes XML human readable and also checks for valid inputs if you have
> DTD's and schemas Build files can get very messy and using Ant and
> XML-Spy is as good as any I have used.

FYI, Ant v2.x is supposedly going to support multiple input formats, not
just XML.

Also... Alas, XML-Spy is not open source.  Having to buy a $400 license
tool to be able to effectively/efficiently/etc. use Ant is, IMVHO, a very
odd argument.  Of course, if you have to have something like XML-Spy
because you've gotten sucked into using so many things that require such a
tool.... :-)

ObAntlr:  Anyone up for designing and building a good "makefile" language
and a translator from that to e.g., Ant?

Take care,
	John