[antlr-interest] another newbie asks basic question

Spencer Marks smarks at sunriselabs.com
Fri Nov 16 08:05:53 PST 2001

Hi,

I am completely new to antlr and only vaguely familiar with parsing concepts
in general. However, I hope that the task I have is common enough that I
won't have to become an expert to solve it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I did search around before posting.

Basically,

I have .C .CCP and .H files I need to parse in my Java program. Actually, my
plan is to parse them into an XML DOM. I was hoping to locate Java classes
that would do the parsing for me. (I need to check for snythax errors and
display them to user as read in the files and convert them to the XML DOM.)
I assume from reading a little bit about antlr that I could use it to design
such a parser which would then emit some Java code for me. However, I am
hoping that something like has already been done.

If anyone has a moment to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks.

Sam