[antlr-interest] small CharInputBuffer class

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Thu Oct 4 13:32:13 PDT 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 06:20, Ric Klaren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:05:36PM -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> > Though that's probably a pretty reliable assumption, I don't think it's
> > required to be. char_traits<char>::eof() should be reliable, though.
>
> How many compilers support it though. A while back not too many...

I couldn't say with certainty. Since this is really a standard library
issue, my guess is that gcc < 3.0 is the straggler since it's standard
IOStreams implementation is basically nonexistent. As gcc 3 gains
maturity and distribution, the standard C++ IOStreams will be a more
reliable solution for many projects.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>