[antlr-interest] DTD Grammar

davidjpenton2002 <nwestreb at arrowsash.com> nwestreb at arrowsash.com
Mon Dec 16 12:13:15 PST 2002

I decided to make this a separate post from my technical questions
about antlr.

I am working on a parser for XML 1.0 DTD's.  The XML 1.0
Recommendation defines XML version 1.0 using EBNF productions.  I
have stripped these directly out of the XML version of the
recommendation itself with a tiny morsel of XSLT, and am busy
converting the EBNF to an antlr grammar.

My objective is to create an antlr grammar that leaves the EBNF
productions from the XML Recommendation intact as much as possible,
i.e. I don't want to have to refactor the grammar to an equivalent
one. I do not yet know if this is possible.

The real question is: does anyone know of an existing antlr DTD
grammar?  I don't see one on the antlr website, nor have my searches
turned anything up.  But then, sometimes I cannot find my own
eyeglasses when I come out of the shower. I can usually locate my
butt if I use both hands, but so far - no antlr DTD grammar.

Thanks.

- David -