[antlr-interest] Re: Exceptions in C# backend

micheal_jor <open.zone at virgin.net> open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Dec 17 15:33:46 PST 2002

Hi Steven,

> > Can you build the "antlr.net-
> > 2.7.2a4.sln" solution?. It includes the most tested example -
 "java"

> If you are referring to the solution file under lib\csharp it won't
build on any
> system we have. That was a major concern that we might have a bad
system
> configuration or install. In the version we downloaded there are no
errors in
> the unzip process. In the panel under JavaParser items like the
JavaLexer.cs,
> TokenTypes etc are all incorrect.

The "missing" files are ANTLR generated files. They are generated by
running NAnt in the examples\csharp\java directory. This invokes
ANTLR itself - as specified in the NAnt java.build file - against the
java.g and java.tree.g files in the directory to generate
JavaLexer.cs, JavaRecognizer.cs,...etc.

> So we have tried building just the runtime
> portion to see if we have a versioning issue. When we do that we
get System.Byte
> is not defined or imported. We thought about combining files that
are missing
> from other version but that gets to be problematic even if it works.

'System.Byte' and it's alias 'byte' aren't used anywhere in the
antlr.runtime source files. Even if they were, it wouldn't be a
problem since VS.NET loads System.dll by default since no programs
would run without the types in the System namespace.

> We have had no problems compiling and running sample code from the
net or books
> so it's not an obvious issue.

What edition of VS.NET are you using?

> > PPS   What system produced the output messages included with your
> > forgot to ask in my reply  ;-)
>
> We have identical results on a gateway laptop and another running
on IBM
> Netvista P4's.

<SNIP>

I meant software system. What build/logging package was used?. Sorry
for the confusion.

Cheers!,

Micheal