[antlr-interest] Re: Is C# supported for parser generation ye t pl s?

Smith, Eric V. ericsmith at windsor.com
Sun Jan 20 17:04:26 PST 2002

Everything I have is in that file.  Feel free to take it and run with it,
I'm not likely to do any work on it in the near future.

> > I'd also like to start a discussion on making this process easier.
> Maybe
> > something along the lines of the .Net CodeDOM model for language
> independent
> > code generation.
>
> Is this in reference to generating parsers for multiple langues on
> the .NET platform or, in relation to ANTLR's code generation process.
> It might be useful in the latter as I suggested above.

I was just suggesting the .Net stuff as an example.  I think you're on track
for doing something similar inside antlr that's platform independent.  The
CodeDOM is an example of a language independent code generator, but it's (a)
platform specific and (b) overkill for what antlr needs.  But the concept is
sound.

Eric.