[antlr-interest] SATC (was: Interactive Editing with Antlr?)

Bogdan Mitu bogdan_mt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 10:58:16 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I put on this group's File section a zip archive with a package for
interactive editing with ANTLR (I called the package Syntax Aware Text
Components):

I used it mostly for syntax highligting using ANTLR lexers, but it also
provides an AST of the current document which is auto-updated on each
change. The AST can be used in many ways, including outlines, source
navigation, refactoring ... (but you have to do it yourself, for the moment
SATC only provides the AST).

Unlike Netbeans Lexer module, SATC is not tied to any particular IDE. It
takes a standard JTextArea and "magically" add syntax higlight to that
textArea (using internals of Swing TextComponents, like EditorKit, which are
not visible for the "normal" user of JTextArea).

I once used a version of SATC to provide syntax highlight to Eclipse, but
that part is not included in this distribution. I wil try to find the files
and add them, for those using SWT not Swing.

For details, read the readme.txt file from the docs directory of the
archive. You will also find an example of a very simple application using
syntax highlighting.

Please let me know if you have any problems running the examples, or any
questions regarding SATC.

Best regards,
Bogdan