[antlr-interest] What is the real value of ANTLR TreeParsing?

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Thu Jul 25 16:22:43 PDT 2002

Hi Michael,

You may find this faq entry answers your question nicely :)

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=818959

It's called "What is a tree parser and why would I want to use one?"

I would like to make ANTLR ASTs DOM compatible but I can't since DOM
used the same method names as I have but return DOM not AST so Java
bitches.  I cannot fix this w/o breaking backward compatibility big time
with existing ANTLR translators :(  Tell those DOM guys I was here
first ;)

Regards,
Terence

--