[antlr-interest] Problem with large bit sets

Joe Comuzzi jcomuzzi at silverstream.com
Fri Jul 26 12:47:26 PDT 2002

I know I've seen a discussion of this issue, but I can't find it now.

I've got a lexer which has a large vocab range (basically u0000...ufffe) and
it generates nine bitsets. Since each bitset is basically 65536 bits long,
this is pushes the class size limits in java. It was compiling in SJ, but
now I need to upgrade to 1.4 for assert (and other reasons) and the
resulting class doesn't load.

I tried codeGenBitsetTestThreshold=999; and it didn't seem to help. There
must be some other way to control the bit set generation... Before I look at
the ANTLR source - any suggestions?

Thanks, Joe C.