[antlr-interest] Re: ACE C preprocessor by Gosling

Matthew Ford Matthew.Ford at forward.com.au
Sat Jun 1 21:59:26 PDT 2002

> The only problem I see with auto-saves and unlimited undo, is, how do you
> revert from one version to another?  If you didn't explicitly save, you
> don't know what version you need to go back.

Good point. Just let me climb off my hobby horse and get my feet back on the
ground.

11c)  The ability to name a version.  This is equivalent to tagging a point
in the undo history and giving it a name.
Could be convenient to collapse the undo list to display just the tagged
items and to be able to "undo to tag" or "expand tag" which would expand the
undo list between this tag and the next most recent tag.
Obviously "File SaveAs" would still be available to save a version as
something else, complete with its undo history would be nice.

matthew

P.S. I would be interested on working on this as it has applications
everywhere.  At the moment I have beta "File SaveAs" undoable object which
renames any existing file before saving the current one with that name.
Doesn't follow Java's undo interface though.  Need to fix that.