[antlr-interest] Problem with token names that are also keywords in target language (e.g. C#)

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Mar 12 05:58:58 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 08:38:31PM -0000, micheal_jor wrote:
> There is an issue because variable names in the generated Parser are
> sometimes C# keywords (e.g. "in"). I have investigated and, the names
> are "inherited" from the grammar file. The java.g file in
> dir 'examples' has "in" for instance.
>
> Is it possible to do something globally, perhaps a prefix to all such
> names?. Could someone more familiar with the code do this please?. I
> am still on 2.7.1 so please post the changes here in addition to
> applying it to 2.7.2a2......

If this is some example files you have ported to C# then I'd say change the
examples. Doing a global prefixing for everything java/c++ just because C#
does something different seems not practical to me. Or do you mean some of
the variable names which are generated by some of the generic parts of
antlr?

Or it may be that I'm completely missing the point.

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----