[antlr-interest] Re: Problem with token names that are also keywords in target language (e.g. C#)

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Mar 12 06:18:35 PST 2002

--- In antlr-interest at y..., Ric Klaren <klaren at c...> wrote:

> If this is some example files you have ported to C# then I'd say
change the
> examples. Doing a global prefixing for everything java/c++ just
because C#
> does something different seems not practical to me. Or do you mean
some of
> the variable names which are generated by some of the generic parts
of
> antlr?
>
> Or it may be that I'm completely missing the point.

The culprit grammar files are the existing examples (e.g. Java
grammar) supplied with ANTLR. Some of the variables names that are
generated in the Parser are keywords in C#. This could happen to some
other language in the future too I would guess....

I am happy for someone to just change the affected shared example
grammar files (for all languages obviously so we don't have
incompatible branches - beyong the language option) rather than
ANTLR. Or I could submit a patch to the examples in the C# dir (who
keeps tracks of changes in the examples accross languages?).

Micheal