[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR documentation restructuring

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Sun Oct 20 14:39:20 PDT 2002

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 02:32  PM, Frank Lusardi wrote:

> --- In antlr-interest at y..., Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:
>>

>> Yep, perhaps my rework of the doc will be sufficiently good to make
> it
>> a real book.  My language book will be a "magnus opus" and take me
>> probably 2 more years after I start again.  The ref book could be
> done
>> quickly.  I'm converting to TML (Terence's Markup Language) as we
>> speak.  From that I can gen HTML, PDF, etc... in nice format so I'll
>> look at how far off from a book the doc is.  I'm guessing pretty far
> :(
>>

> Terence,
>
> Best of luck with the opus! I'm sure you've been troubled with this
> before, but could you possibly post a little list of recommended
> language books (or websites)? Is there anything good on the very
> basic stuff like Bachus-Naur?  Anyone else have any favorite books?

Hi Frank,

Well, I don't have a list that I recommend.  I remember them all
frustrating me ;)  It's also been way too long since I was looking
around.  It's hilarious to me that all books are "compiler" books when
almost nobody writes compilers (well, in comparison to all the data
parsing, scripting language parsing, etc... going on).

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco