[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR vs FLEX/BISON: performance issues?

Elias Biris user_sofia at biris.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 23:04:01 PDT 2002

Hi,

thanks for this. It is the first reply I got :-)

I was thinking mainly whether the difference in performance in the
generated parser has any similarity to the difference in performance of
the lexer side (as far as I know from reading the FAQ at jguru there is
an issue of performance of the lexer when compared to flex generated
lexers).

Also I am interested in the issue of grammar inheritance: is that
feasible in pccts at all? Has anyone tried this with ANTLR?

Best regards,

Elias