[antlr-interest] help translating C to Java

fmateoc fmateoc at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 16:55:58 PDT 2002

Hi,

I am a newbie here and I would like to ask for your advice:

I want to build a C to Java translator, one that would generate Java
source as close as possible with what a Java programmer would write
(when implementing the same program). The Java source does not have
to be compilable and the C programs would be limited to those that
use no libraries (except the standard ones).

I do intend this as a learning experience, but my main goal is to get
some C code translated, so I naively hope that I don't have to become
an expert in parser generators as a prerequisite.

Do you think this is feasible ? Is Antlr a good starting point ? What
would be the steps involved ?

Thank you in advance,

Florin