[antlr-interest] get rid of printing to System.err

Holger Krug hkrug at rationalizer.com
Wed Sep 25 05:59:19 PDT 2002

Hi, I'm new to this list.

I use antlr.Tool (2.7.2a3) as integrated tool in a multithreaded
application. My problem is that AntLR makes heavy use of printing to
System.err. I have to redirect this to the user. Unfortunately I cannot
use System.setErr(myErrorStream), because the application is
multithreaded.

Hence I probably have to change the antlr sources to allow the user to
set his/her own error stream in a ThreadLocal static variable or in some
other manner (e.g. as instance attribute of antlr.Tool).

I would like to have this changes integrated in the antlr sources, hence
I ask if those changes are appreciated. If not, please tell me what to
do instead.

--
Holger Krug
hkrug at rationalizer.com