[antlr-interest] Re: Not moderating == not professional

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Dec 9 09:27:54 PST 2003

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 12:25  AM, Paul Selormey wrote:
> Now, to answer your question - yahoo has a feature when turned
> on will enable you to moderate the first post of a new member. This is

I don't see this option (looked twice).  I see only moderate
subscription and I believe moderate each post, neither of which are
what we want really.  I'm not sure we can have more than one moderator
for postings...w/o that people around the world would have to wait for
me all the time, which is not a good solution just because you get spam
here like you do in regular email ('course I don't since I use
http://www.knowspam.net ).

> a technical list and not everyone can just post "meaningfully" -
> hope you are getting the picture. From the first post you know if the
> person belongs here and could determine whether to keep him/her
> on the list and the first post never gets to the list unless approved.

Can you give me a link to this feature?  It's still a bad deal because
new people cannot ask a question and get an immediate answer.  Might
have to wait up to a week when I go on vacation or off for the weekend.

Ter
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com link sharing, pure-n-simple