[antlr-interest] Re: XML parsing

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Thu Dec 18 03:47:05 PST 2003

Forgot one thing: If you seriously plan to port parts of XPA to C++ I
invite to do so in the XPA project. I would grant you CVS access and
provide any help I can :)

Oliver

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Oliver Zeigermann <oliver at z...>
wrote:
> Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
> > on 6/12/03 7:26 PM, mzukowski at y... at mzukowski at y... wrote:
> >
> > Hi Oliver,
> >
> > I wonder if your XPA is improved to be able work with XML that
contains
> > UNICODE context. Tags can be English only.
>
> I suppose you are talking about XPA's parser, right? It has quite some
> limitations among them the ones named by you. Just use any SAX parser
> you like and you should be ok :)
>
> > Like Matt, I need now parse XML files (dump of database) and
import context
> > of XML into DBMS.
> >
> > I do not need heavy XML parser as IBM's one or others (1.5 DLL in
release).

> > We expect on input simple enough XML format.
> > And I think ANTLR can be good tool for this. Than more that we
already use
> > it in our project.
> >
> > Also, it seems XPA is for Java only. We will need make for C++.
> > It seems not too hard, just replace actions...
>
> XPA is for Java only, that's right. Again, it seems you mistake XPA for
> its integrated parser. This parser is only a part of XPA. This parser
> could be ported to C++ with little effort, that's right. Porting XPA to
> C++ is somewhat harder. I am not shure if it is worth it. I would
> propose to use a simple C++ SAX or DOM parser instead of XPA. XPA is
> especially suited for *complicated* transformations or imports.
>
> Thanks for the interest and cheers :)
>
> Oliver
>

> >>This sounds really useful, guys.  Keep us posted.  I know some day
I'll have
> >>to deal with XML.  Will be cool to be able to use real tree
parsers for it.

> >>Monty

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: