[antlr-interest] Re: XML parsing

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Wed Dec 17 11:07:28 PST 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 6/12/03 7:26 PM, mzukowski at yci.com at mzukowski at yci.com wrote:
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I wonder if your XPA is improved to be able work with XML that contains
> UNICODE context. Tags can be English only.

I suppose you are talking about XPA's parser, right? It has quite some
limitations among them the ones named by you. Just use any SAX parser
you like and you should be ok :)

> Like Matt, I need now parse XML files (dump of database) and import context
> of XML into DBMS.
>
> I do not need heavy XML parser as IBM's one or others (1.5 DLL in release).
>
> We expect on input simple enough XML format.
> And I think ANTLR can be good tool for this. Than more that we already use
> it in our project.
>
> Also, it seems XPA is for Java only. We will need make for C++.
> It seems not too hard, just replace actions...

XPA is for Java only, that's right. Again, it seems you mistake XPA for
its integrated parser. This parser is only a part of XPA. This parser
could be ported to C++ with little effort, that's right. Porting XPA to
C++ is somewhat harder. I am not shure if it is worth it. I would
propose to use a simple C++ SAX or DOM parser instead of XPA. XPA is
especially suited for *complicated* transformations or imports.

Thanks for the interest and cheers :)

Oliver

>>This sounds really useful, guys.  Keep us posted.  I know some day I'll have
>>to deal with XML.  Will be cool to be able to use real tree parsers for it.
>>
>>Monty

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: