[antlr-interest] Antlr C# and Mono

Thomas Dudziak tomdz at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 13 06:39:52 PST 2003

Hi,

Out of sheer curiosity I installed Mono (0.19.1 pre-compiled binaries) on
my Linux box. Then I figured that a nice thing would be to try Antlr C#
codegen with it, and guess what, after half an hour I had compiled and run
almost all C# examples (with two exceptions, see below). Truth to be told,
it took me 25 minutes to figure out the command lines of mcs/mono (I never
before had anything to do with either mono or Microsoft's .Net) and 5
minutes to compile and run.
However I was not able to compile antlr fully - antlr.debug.misc did not
compile at all complaining about not finding System.Windows.Forms.Form -
and therefore the java example did not compile either (as it requires
ASTFrame from the aforementioned namespace).
Also, whereas the calc example worked as expected, the heteroAST example
did only parse zeroes instead of the numbers in the input file.

Any suggestions for these two problems ? Will it suffice to use a CVS
version of mono instead of a pre-build one ?

Tom