[antlr-interest] Re: Antlr C# and Mono

lloyd_from_far <lloyd at galador.net> lloyd at galador.net
Mon Feb 17 02:14:44 PST 2003

just an idea.
problably the winform stuff is to show the syntax tree.
forget it, WinForm is not yet implemented in mono and it's subject to
lot of controversy and technical problems and, you could always use
the java version to see your syntax tree...

(I mean, I believe, I had a ANTLR-C# project 4 month ago and I had no
problem to write it in C#, and see my syntax tree in java, although I
could have write the C# code after completing the syntax tree, I
don't quite remember....)

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Thomas Dudziak <tomdz at c...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Out of sheer curiosity I installed Mono (0.19.1 pre-compiled
binaries) on
> my Linux box. Then I figured that a nice thing would be to try
Antlr C#
> codegen with it, and guess what, after half an hour I had compiled
and run
> almost all C# examples (with two exceptions, see below). Truth to
be told,
> it took me 25 minutes to figure out the command lines of mcs/mono
(I never
> before had anything to do with either mono or Microsoft's .Net) and
5
> minutes to compile and run.
> However I was not able to compile antlr fully - antlr.debug.misc
did not
> compile at all complaining about not finding
System.Windows.Forms.Form -
> and therefore the java example did not compile either (as it
requires
> ASTFrame from the aforementioned namespace).
> Also, whereas the calc example worked as expected, the heteroAST
example
> did only parse zeroes instead of the numbers in the input file.
>
> Any suggestions for these two problems ? Will it suffice to use a
CVS