[antlr-interest] Re: Antlr C# and Mono

micheal_jor <open.zone at virgin.net> open.zone at virgin.net
Mon Feb 17 05:01:57 PST 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "lloyd_from_far <lloyd at g...>"
<lloyd at g...> wrote:
> just an idea.
> problably the winform stuff is to show the syntax tree.
> forget it, WinForm is not yet implemented in mono and it's subject
> lot of controversy and technical problems and, you could always use
> the java version to see your syntax tree...

Kunle had this to say:

"Apparently Mono now has enough of System.Windows.Forms implemented
to support the use of the ASTFrame mechanism to display ASTs:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2003-
February/012192.html"

> (I mean, I believe, I had a ANTLR-C# project 4 month ago and I had
no
> problem to write it in C#, and see my syntax tree in java, although
> could have write the C# code after completing the syntax tree, I
> don't quite remember....)

As long as you haven't used any language-specific action code, it
will be possible to simply change the language option and visualize
in Java or C# (C++ doesn't have an ASTFrame equivalent).

Cheers,

Micheal

> --- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Thomas Dudziak <tomdz at c...>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Out of sheer curiosity I installed Mono (0.19.1 pre-compiled
> binaries) on
> > my Linux box. Then I figured that a nice thing would be to try
> Antlr C#
> > codegen with it, and guess what, after half an hour I had
compiled
> and run
> > almost all C# examples (with two exceptions, see below). Truth to
> be told,
> > it took me 25 minutes to figure out the command lines of mcs/mono
> (I never
> > before had anything to do with either mono or Microsoft's .Net)
and