[antlr-interest] Re: 2.7.2 build system is fubar

Dave <davekam at pobox.com> davekam at pobox.com
Sun Feb 16 16:03:39 PST 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Are you trying to use the Java output or C++?
>
> Terence

C++, I should have made that more clear -- the example I tried was
examples/cpp/filter/t.g. But I suppose I don't see how that would
change the situation, because java can't find the antlr/Tool class at
all. If I understand correctly, regardless of the output language,
java is required to run antlr itself. At
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=85 it says the problem is that
the CLASSPATH is set wrong, but that's not true in this case -- the
antlr wrapper script sets it correctly:

#!/bin/sh
prefix=/usr/local
ANTLR_JAR=${prefix}/share/antlr-2.7.2/antlrall.jar
if test "x$CLASSPATH" = x; then
        CLASSPATH=$ANTLR_JAR
else
        CLASSPATH=$ANTLR_JAR:$CLASSPATH